Saturday 9 March 2019

BACK TO THE ROOTS - JUST BLOGGING

Dear Lennie, Dear Everyone,

So apparently exchanging letters with a doll does not appeal to me (I'm sorry, Lennie). I thought it was a genius concept for a blog. And I don't know, maybe it was, maybe readers would have loved to read it. But I am not the person to write it.

It has been over a month and I wasn't even able to add the pictures to the first post. I did take those pictures, but I couldn't get over posting them without editing and I couln't think of a cool and cute way of editing them. Like it was important, seriously, who cares how blog pictures are edited unless design or photography is your job?
So I guess I start over (and leave the first post here). So what happened since 20th of January and why am I starting a blog. I did tidy and clean the hallway and the space in front of our bedroom (it looked teriible, believe me, even without before/after picture. I made a space for my doll Lennie on the top of my bureau and while doing that I was wondering what kind of doll she was. Which ended up in me spending over 350 € (dont't tell anybody) on dolls and made me change the name of the blog. So I am now officialy a doll collector.

And I went back to writing a blog. I had a blog (OK, blogs) before, but I always used Czech, my mother tonque, and I used to write about current affairs, school and post my drawings and photographs. I had one of those blogs for 10 years. I mean that's a lot of time! And it was not even my first, I remember blogging at the age of 12 or 13, that means the half of my life. I am no longer interested in Photography (I lack of talent to be honest and don't wnat to spend any money on equipment, so I rather look at other people's photos). I don't draw as much as I did back then and I don't like to review books anymore. I am still itersted in current affairs, but no longer in commenting them. I visited my old blog several time since January and I realized I was kind of saying Good by to that period of my life and burried my blog. I should have done it long ago - it was as dead as blog could be. I no longer wanted to write in my mother tonque (don't get me wrong, I love my mother tonque, but I no longer follow the czech community of bloggers) - I realized I want to reach more people and I am aware of the fact, that I might make more mistakes in English as it's my third language, but I'll just take the risk.

I missed blogging. I just wasn't sure if I have anything to offer. I mean blog needs content, right? But I am not interested in writting a food blog, neither do I want to blog about traveling, fitness or any other popular topic - I like to read about it though.
I admit I got a little bit stuck with the concept. With all those successful blogers and influencers, of course I was considering if and how I could make money with the hobby.
But most of the successful bloggers as well say that you can never produce good content without being passionate about the topic. And I am not passionate about any of those popular topics, bloggers make money with. But recently I just asked myself - why do I miss blogging? Is it any kind of popularity I am missing or is it just the blogging itself. And I realized that I never before wanted to blog for money, or success or popularity, not even for other people. I blog for myself. Just that.

So from now on, I have no lifestyle blog, no fashion blog, no tech blog or food blog.
I have a personal blog about ME - my favourite topic of all.

Your Lennroe

No comments:

Post a Comment